Friday, February 12, 2010

'Cause I'm a friggin' role model, that's why!

First of all; Condolences to the family and friends and fans of Lee Alexander McQueen. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on Tavi Gevinson's Blog yesterday. This is just such a shock. But, I suppose everything happens for a reason. So we can't dwell forever. So, on a much lighter note, I'm so happy about my new Harpers Bazaar! I think my parents were getting tired of, "Do I have any magazines in the mail today?" So I got Teen Vogue a couple of days ago, Bazaar yesterday, and a Nordstrom catalog today. Catalogs aren't riveting, but they're great for making tear sheets on my wall- another thing I bet my parents are tired of. Anyway, back to topic. I should really stop being so ADHD about changing subjects. So, there was a really great spread that I loved entitled Designer Double Take, and it featured Iris Strubegger, who could be my new favorite model, modeling as some iconic designers including John Galliano and (Eeeiii!) Karl Lagerfeld. Here's some pictures I took with my webcam-






In order- Rei Kawakubo, Vivenne Westwood, John Galliano, Donnatella Versace, Karl Lagerfeld. BTW, the photographs were by Karl! Yes, I'm pretending I'm on a first-name basis with people like Karl Lagerfeld. Oh, so here's a picture of Iris, the model for this shoot at a different shoot. I think this was in Japanese vogue, I don't know, though.

Looks like it's time to do something productive, so I will sign off now. Later, peeps!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment