Sunday, February 14, 2010

I wake up every morning felling like P Diddy.

I don't see the point in buying designer if you're just paying for the label. Sure, it's definitely quality, too, but if I'm gonna buy a Burberry scarf, I want the signature plaid, right? Or if I'm going to get a gift from Tiffany's from my dear friends for my thirteenth birthday, it better well be a charm bracelet with a heart-shaped tag inscribed with "Please return to Tiffany & Co. New York" And my initials on the other side in cursive. (If you didn't guess, that is precisely what I got for my 13th Birthday. Thanks again, Elisa, Jessie, and David!) Anyway, I just think that you buy designer for its status, so if it's just a plain black T-shirt, might as well buy it from Ross instead of Nordstrom. But for a show-stopping party dress, go to Betsey Johnson. And that's exactly why I can't stand knock-offs. If you aren't gonna pay for an original, don't bother. It underminds those designers who have worked and poured their heart and soul and sanity into each design. Copying it makes it accessible, and therefore undesirable. Okay, Lisa's rant is over. I better get to sleep, I actually have to wake up in the morning. Happy Valentines day, and good night!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment